Members of the England cricket team were shocked to find a snake in the swimming pool of the hotel they are staying in at Kochi, The Sun reported.
Fast bowler Stuart Meaker was the first to spot the reptile.
“I’d just dipped my toe in the pool and this thing slithered past," he said.
“It freaked me out – it was a sea snake. I grabbed a hotel worker’s attention and they took it out. They said it was not venomous.
“I still went for a swim afterwards, but rest assured I had my goggles on and was looking every which way to make sure there was nothing else,” he added.
Team-mate Eoin Morgan saw the funny side and said, “I think a bath might be the safe option.”
First Published: January 14, 2013, 2:57 pm