Lahore: Feb 21, 2012
Abdul Razzaq has said that he has not misled any one including the national selectors or the cricket board to play in the ongoing Bangladesh cricket league.
"I have read that I told the selectors I was not fit to bowl and not to consider me for the one-day series against England . This is not correct," Razzaq said from Chittagong.
"The fact is that I had informed the selectors and the Chairman of the board that I was not 100 percent fit to play one-day internationals that is why I had chosen to go and play in the T20 matches in the Bangladesh league," he said.
"In ODIs if I had played I would have been expected to bowl around 7 to 10 overs but in the BPL I have bowled hardly 12 to 14 overs in six matches because I am still not 100 percent fit," he said.
Razzaq said that he had gone to play in Bangladesh after getting clearance from the board and had not misled anyone.
"I told them the truth about my fitness which is now slowly getting better," he added.
Razzaq said he had always given priority to playing for the national team in the past as well and rejected lucrative offers to play in foreign leagues.
"Pakistan has given me everything. But the fact is that the national selectors and management has also at times not been fair with me. I have played 265 one-dayers and 46 tests but they were many occasions when I was not given a settled role in the team or in batting and that affected my performances," he added.
Razzaq who has turned out for the Rajshahi team in the BPL has done well with bat and bowl after last playing for Pakistan in the one-day series against Sri Lanka in the UAE last year.
The PCB has indicated that he would be getting a new central contract when the revised contracts are announced next month for the year 2012.
The all-rounder said he would only make himself available for the Asia Cup after assessing his fitness after returning home from Bangladesh.(PTI)