Lahore: Nov 8, 2012
The Express Tribune reported that Ashraf wasn’t scared of any political threat as the Indian Government had given clearance to the series and has advised Bal Thackeray to keep away from extremism and move forward with positive thinking. He said that both countries are looking to move forward with a positive mindset ensuring that both are benefited with the resumption of ties.
"The Pakistan team will be playing matches at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru. At one point or the other, Pak (Pakistan) terrorists have attacked these cities. The feet of Pakistani players won't touch Maharashtra but their tour of these cities is a matter of national shame," Thackeray had said.
The Shiv Sena chief also accused the BCCI of "betraying the country for sake of money" and Indian cricketers of being part of that betrayal. Meanwhile, the Indian government has assured three-tier security for the Pakistani players.
Pakistan had last toured India in 2007 for a full-fledged series. However, following the Mumbai terror attacks in November 2008, ties between both countries had come to a bitter halt. BCCI had initiated the resumption of cricketing ties earlier this year to which PCB willingly agreed.