Home / Fans Post / RCB director Siddharth Mallya runs to look good
RCB director Siddharth Mallya runs to look good
Bangalore Royal Challengers team director, Siddharth Mallya is all set to run for Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon on Sunday.
Although Siddharthâ€™s love has been cricket, the Mallya scion says, the reason for running is it makes one â€œlook good and is a great way to escape.â€
â€œI've always been a fitness enthusiast and keen sportsman, but I've started to enjoy running as not only do you look good, you know you're fit as well. It is also a great way to 'escape' and gather your thoughts,â€ said Siddharth to MiD-DAY.
Siddharth feels you need a strong mental mindset to participate in a marathon.
â€œI believe that 30% of a marathon is physical while the other 70%, if not more, is mental. I have always been a very mentally strong person and very stubborn in that I will always strive to get what I want, so the thought of not finishing a marathon has never crossed my mind.â€
Mallya Jrâ€™s first marathon was last yearâ€™s 42kilometre Mumbai marathon. He also ran the 42kilometre London Marathon is April 2011 and recently the Delhi Half Marathon in November.
â€œI just run regularly and eat well. Some say you need at least six months to prepare for a marathon, but for last year's Mumbai marathon I trained for just nine weeks! Many felt it was too little preparation time and I would struggle to finish, but I proved them all wrong,â€ Siddharth added.
The RCB directorâ€™s specific diet plan is eating a lot of cabs.
However marathons donâ€™t tire the Mallya scion. After last yearâ€™s Mumbai Marathon, Siddharth had flown out to Glasgow.
â€œAfter running the Mumbai marathon last year, I flew out the same night to Glasgow, Scotland and was in the office the next morning for a series of meetings. Of course, I was a bit stiff to say the least! But I believe everyone is different. I was back in the gym within five days as I had to then start preparing for the London Marathon which was just a couple of months away.â€
Siddharth hopes to conquer his previous best Marathon timings.
â€œI clocked my best at the London Marathon -- 4h, 34 mins. Thereafter, I did the Delhi Half Marathon in 1hr, 57 mins. I hope to better those times on Sunday, but running in Mumbai is a lot tougher given the terrain and warmer weather conditions.â€