Also on cricketcountry.com
Karachi: Jan 3, 2013
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) could send a delegation to Lahore in the next few days to ensure the participation of top Pakistani players in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) beginning January 18.
Sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board said that a delegation from the BCB headed by its President, Nazmul Hassan was expected soon after Pakistan’s series with India ends on Sunday.
“Indications are that they want to reassure us that they want to send their team to Pakistan but didn’t get government clearance for the same due to security concerns,” a source said.
“Clearly they are concerned about the issue of whether the PCB will allow its players to play in the BPL as the dates clash with our Quaid-e-Trophy which is our premier domestic competition,” another source said.
So far the PCB, except for a vague statement, has maintained a silence on the whole issue and sources say a final decision on issuing NOC’s to players for the BPL will be taken after Ashraf returns home on Monday.
“It is a dicey situation even for the PCB because it would not like to damage its long-term relations with the BCB and give negative vibes by stopping its players going to the BPL. But at the same time it wants to register its protest over the BCB stopping its team from coming to Pakistan for a second time in nine months’ time,” the source said.
The players themselves are anxiously waiting for a clear cut policy from the PCB as many of them are being paid well by franchises in the BPL.
In the inaugural edition of the BPL, around 20 Pakistani players took part in the league, and in the second edition’s players auction, around 50 Pakistani players were contracted with opener, Imran Nazir being paid a highest price of USD 280,000 followed by Shahid Afridi at USD 265,000.
Play Fantasy Cricket & Win
Cash Daily! Click here