New Delhi: Jul 11, 2013
Disappointed over the appointment of former ICC chief Haroon Lorgat as Cricket South Africa (CSA) CEO, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) may pull out of the upcoming tour to South Africa.
BCCI has already shown its displeasure over the tour schedule. BCCI is now miffed after learning about possible appointment of Lorgat as the CEO reports CNN IBN.
BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya had earlier said the gaps between some matches in the itinerary were not sufficient and hence would be reworked. There is a two-day break between the first and second Test and eight days between second and third. The Indian board is reportedly also unhappy with a seven-match ODI series, which it reckons is too long.
Dalmiya said the Boards of the two countries would sort out the itinerary and the media should not make an issue out of it.
As per the report by Associated Press CSA said any disagreement over the dates of matches on India’s tour starting in November “will be dealt with in the normal amicable manner between the two national bodies.”