Play Fantasy Cricket & Win
Cash Daily! Click here
Kingston (Jamaica): Jul 5, 2012
After an extended period out of Test cricket, energetic all-rounder Dwayne Bravo says he is keen on regaining his spot in the West Indies side for the game’s longest version.
The 28-year-old has featured in the shorter formats of the game but has not played a Test in nearly 18 months because of loss of form.
“I still have a lot to achieve. It’s beyond my control but I’m available to play all forms of the game and we’ll just see how it goes after these five ODIs,” Bravo was quoted as saying by the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
“Hopefully something will happen. If not, I’ll continue pushing and pressing for my spot.”
Bravo has played 40 Tests but has not worn white for the West Indies since the rain-affected tour of Sri Lanka in December, 2010.
In last eight Tests dating back to 2009, he managed a century and two half-centuries and took 13 wickets, as the side’s marquee all-rounder.
A self-imposed break last year has seen him return to the side rejuvenated and the Trinidadian said he was now enjoying his cricket.
“(I’m under) no pressure. I am able to perform once my mind is at ease and I’m happy and relaxed, and am able to express myself and enjoy my cricket,” he explained.
“Since I’ve taken the break and come back, you can see a lot of difference in the way I play now and how I was playing a year ago. I’m relaxed now and happy. I understand my role in the team
“I’ve been putting in a lot of hard work, I had a very good IPL and the form that I gained from the IPL I’m trying to bring it back here into the regional team.”
Appointed vice captain of the side, Bravo has worn the responsibility well, producing solid performances with both bat and ball.
He got 77 against England in the second ODI last month – his first half-century in two years – and also reeled off an unbeaten 54 in the one-off Twenty20 International at Nottingham.
Bravo’s return to the side was followed last month by that of talismanic opener Chris Gayle who had been sidelined for nearly 15 months owing to a squabble with the West Indies Cricket Board. (IANS)
Also on cricketcountry.com