IPL 2013: MCA instructs police to keep Shahrukh Khan away from Wankhede stadium

Shahrukh Khan has been banned from entering the Wankhede stadium for five years © AFP

Mumbai: May 6, 2013

The Mumbai Cricket Association has informed a local police station to prevent Kolkata Knight Riders principal owner Shah Rukh from entering the stadium, when his team takes on Mumbai Indians on Tuesday.

“We wrote a letter to Marine Lines police station today asking them not to allow Shah Rukh Khan inside the stadium on Tuesday [when Kolkata Knight Riders play Mumbai Indians].

This was after the police had asked us to send a letter to that effect,” MCA president Ravi Savant told reporters here.

The Bollywood superstar was banned for five years from entering MCA premises, including the Wankhede Stadium, by the Association’s Managing Committee, headed by the late Vilasrao Deshmukh, on May 18 last year, after he was involved in a skirmish with security staff and officials of the cricket body following KKR’s victory over Mumbai two nights earlier.

Shahrukh, however, denied he had misbehaved and maintained he reacted only after children, including his kids, were “manhandled” by the security staff at the stadium.

Meanwhile, it has been learnt that security personnel have been told by the authorities not to allow SRK inside the premises.