Also on cricketcountry.com
Wellington: May 15, 2014
Former New Zealand cricketer Lou Vincent has reportedly opened up to investigators about widespread match-fixing in several countries, but New Zealand authorities were on Thursday adamant the Black Caps were not involved. Vincent is said to have provided the International Cricket Council (ICC) anti-corruption unit “with a treasure trove of information about matches that were targeted for spot-fixing and the names of players” involved.
The former international “has agreed a plea bargain in the hope of avoiding a criminal prosecution for his involvement in and knowledge of spot-fixing in five or more countries” between 2008-2012, the London Telegraph report said. Vincent was revealed last December to have been under investigation along with fellow New Zealanders Chris Cairns and Darryl Tuffey over allegations of match-fixing.
He later confirmed he had been approached by bookmakers. The Telegraph report said Vincent had provided evidence about match or spot-fixing during competitions in England, India, New Zealand, Hong Kong and South Africa.
However, a statement from New Zealand Cricket said the ICC investigations were not concerned with any games played in New Zealand, any current New Zealand players or any matches involving the Black Caps.
Play Fantasy Cricket & Win
Cash Daily! Click here