Mitchell Johnson © Getty Images
Mitchell Johnson was rested for the first ODI © Getty Images


Jan 14, 2014


Left-arm fiery pacer Mitchell Johnson is all set to make comeback as he will replace Nathan Coulter-Nile for  the second One-Day International (ODI) against England, to be played at The Gabba in Brisbane on Friday.


Johnson, who was rested for the first ODI which Australia won by a margin of six wickets, is all set to play the first limited-overs match of this summer.


Though Coulter-Nile was included in Australia’s Ashes 2013-14 squad, still he never got a chance to play against England in any of the Test matches.


Coulter-Nile said that Johnson will be charged up after his resting period and has warned England to face some of the chin-music which they had face earlier during the Test series.


“He’s always been a fantastic bowler and his confidence is sky high,” Coulter-Nile was quoted as saying by Sportal.


“He’s bowling mid-150s so, hopefully, he can crank it up again.He only has 10 overs to bowl. I’d definitely be scared if I was facing him,” added Coulter-Nile.


Coulter-Nile also said that being the 12th man and carrying drinks during the Test series proved to be a valuable experience for him.


“There are plenty of blokes out there who’ve never had the opportunity. I try to learn as much as I can from the bowlers … there’s a reason they’re the best in the world at the moment. I love the long form and that’s the cricket I want to play so, hopefully, I can get my opportunity there,” said Coulter-Nile.


Coulter-Nile has played three ODI’s and T20’s for Australia so far and says he would be ‘surprised’ to make Australia’s squad for next month’s tour of South Africa.


“I’m pretty rapt to get that one out of the way,” Coulter-Nile said of the first ODI win over England.


“But I’m rapt to be thought of even in terms of selection, so if that does happen I’ll definitely try to take that opportunity,” added Coulter-Nile of his chances of for being picked for the South African tour.