Rajasthan Royals ready for out-of-court settlement with BCCI

The Indian Premier League franchises Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab had earlier dragged BCCI to the court for arbitration proceedings following the termination of their contract for alleged breach of regulations. (In picture – Rajasthan Royals owner Raj Kundra) © AFP

Mumbai: Dec 5, 2012
 
Indian Premier League franchise Rajasthan Royals is ready for an out-of-court settlement with the Cricket Board (BCCI) and bury their differences with the owner of the cash-rich T20 League, said team owner Raj Kundra.
 
“We are looking at an out-of-court settlement. BCCI has been very kind and supportive. We have done nothing wrong. We are making sure that we come to a platform, where we both agree and go forward as an IPL family again,” Kundra told PTI here on the sidelines of an event.
 
The Royals and Kings XI Punjab had dragged BCCI to the court for arbitration proceedings following the termination of their contract for alleged breach of regulations, which has been contested by the two franchise teams.
 
Kings XI Punjab had decided to pay a penalty of Rs 1 crore to the Board and bury their differences, BCCI sources had said after the last Governing Council meeting of the IPL.
 
On the contrary, Kundra is hopeful of receiving money, what he feels is due, from the BCCI.
 
“We are looking at receiving (some) amount from BCCI. Let’s see.”
 
Looking ahead at the next IPL season, the sixth, starting in April, Kundra said Rahul Dravid would be retained as the team captain though the Bangalore stalwart has retired from all other forms of the game.
 
“He is a great role model for Indians and Indian players.
 
We are definitely going to keep him as the captain.”
 
The franchise has retained Ajinkya Rahane and Australians Shane Watson and Shaun Tait, besides Dravid.
 
“We will have a good team coming up for next year,” said Kundra.
 
Meanwhile, the players auction is to be held on January 20, according to Kundra.