Ravindra Jadeja picked up seven wickets in four matches for India in the Asia Cup 2014 © AFP
Dubai: Mar 9, 2014
All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja of India was the biggest mover in the latest One-Day International (ODI) bowlers’ rankings. Jadeja jumped four places to fifth while Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal continues to lead the rankings released by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in Dubai on Sunday.
Jadeja picked up seven wickets in four matches for India at an average of 22.57. His best was four for 30 against Afghanistan. India though were knocked out of the tournament before reaching the final.
Ajmal finished the series as the joint-leading wicket-taker with 11 wickets in five matches. Lasith Malinga also took 11 wickets as he helped Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by five wickets in the final at Mirpur on March 8.
South Africa’s Dale Steyn is second, followed by Sunil Narine at No 3 and Steven Finn at No 4. Steyn’s South African teammates Lonwabo Tsotsobe and Morne Morkel are at No 6 and No 7 respectively. James Anderson of England is at No 8 while Australia’s Clint McKay is next and Rangana Herath makes the top 10.
Below is a list of the top-10 bowlers in ODIs with their rating points:
1. Saeed Ajmal (Pakistan) 789 points
2. Dale Steyn (South Africa) 742
3. Sunil Narine (West Indies) 714
4. Steven Finn (England) 681
5. Ravindra Jadeja (India) 676
6. Lonwabo Tsotsobe (South Africa) 674
7. Morne Morkel (South Africa) 673
8. James Anderson (England) 669
9. Clint McKay (Australia) 666
10. Rangana Herath (Sri Lanka) 651
(With inputs from IANS)