Despite the second Twenty20 International (T20I) between India and South Africa at Cuttack getting suspended momentarily when a section of the spectators started hurling bottles on the ground, India’s skipper MS Dhoni termed the incident as “not so serious”. Speaking to the media, Dhoni said, “We should not be taking such things seriously. I still remember we play in Vizag once and we won the game very easily and that time also a lot of bottles were thrown. It starts with the first bottle and then it’s more of a fun for the spectators.” Cricket Scorecard: India vs South Africa 2nd T20I at Cuttack

“When it comes to the safety of the players, I don’t think there was any serious threat. A few of the powerful people in the crowd where throwing the bottles into the ground and the umpires felt it was safe to stay in the centre or go off the ground. We didn’t play well and at times you get reaction like these. It’s only the first few bottles that are hurled with serious intent, after that they just do it for fun.” READ: India vs South Africa 2015, 2nd T20I at Cuttack highlights

Former Indian captain Sunil Gavaskar had earlier blasted the Odisha police and advocated that Cuttack should not be given an international for the next couple of years. On Monday, Albie Morkel led the way with 3 for 12 as South Africa thumped India by 6 wickets in the violence-hit second T20I in Cuttack to clinch the series. A day after unruly crowd scenes were witnessed during the second game, security was being intensified at the Eden Gardens, the venue for the upcoming final fixture of the three-match series, to prevent any recurrence, the authorities said on Tuesday.