Mitchell Starc has been in superb form with the ball lately © Getty Images
Mitchell Starc has been in superb form with the ball lately © Getty Images

Jan 17, 2015

A year after their Ashes destruction of England, Australia‘s Man of the Match Mitchell Starc says he hopes a bonus point victory in the first match of the tri-series “reopened a few scars” for the tourists. Australia coasted to the 235 target with more than 10 overs to spare via a David Warner century on on January 16 with the three-wicket margin not entirely representative as the hosts lost wickets chasing the extra point, reports The Sydney Morning HeraldRead our preview of the 2nd ODI match between India and Australia

Starc had earlier torn through the England top order, claiming two wickets with the first three balls of the match, and he said it was the perfect way for Australia to begin their World Cup lead-up against an opponent they will face on the opening day of the tournament next month.


“Hopefully it reopened a few scars tonight. They’re going to have to be out here for a few months now with this tri-series and the World Cup so there is no better way to kick off our campaign than getting one above them tonight. Obviously we had a great summer last year against them and carried that on again tonight,” Starc added.

Starc will look to continue his good form against India when they face-off on January 18 at Melbourne