[caption id="attachment_760645" align="alignnone" width="628"]<a href="https://www.cricketcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/david-warner-steve-smith.jpg"><img class="size-full wp-image-760645" alt="david warner and steve smith" src="https://www.cricketcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/david-warner-steve-smith.jpg" width="628" height="355" /></a> David Warner and Steve Smith (AFP Photo)[/caption] <p></p> <p></p>The Australian Cricketer's Association (ACA) on Tuesday said that the trio of <a href="https://www.cricketcountry.com/players/steven-smith/">Steve Smith</a>, <a href="https://www.cricketcountry.com/players/david-warner/">David Warner</a> and <a href="https://www.cricketcountry.com/players/cameron-bancroft/">Cameron Bancroft</a> has suffered enough and they will be relentless in pursuing their case to immediately <a href="https://www.cricketcountry.com/news/david-warner-steve-smith-bans-will-stand-cricket-australia-760516">lift the bans</a> imposed on them. <p></p> <p></p>In the aftermath of the Newlands ball-tampering scandal, Smith and Warner were stripped off their leadership roles with each receiving a 12-month ban while Bancroft was handed a nine-month ban. <p></p> <p></p>Smith and Warner are seven months into their ban and will become eligible for Australia selection only in April next year. Bancroft will be available to play from December via the Big Bash League (BBL). <p></p> <p></p>ACA chief Dyer said that following the review of Cricket Australia's (CA) culture it's clear that cricket governing body was as much responsible for the events leading up to the ball-tampering incident earlier this year. The culture of winning at any cost fostered by CA was evidence enough to reconsider the quantum of bans handed. <p></p> <p></p> Given there is now independent verification that CA s system and culture were contributory factors, the ACA calls for the lifting of the board-imposed penalties on Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft, Dyer told a news conference in Melbourne. The players have already lost time in the game, lost chances to play for Australia, endured public humiliation and faced massive financial penalties. <p></p> <p></p>He further added, "My message to Cricket Australia is this: these contrite men have suffered enough. Let them play. I add that the ACA will be relentless in pursuing this end." <p></p> <p></p>On the other hand, CA is expecting a formal submission from ACA regarding their demand, hoping for a positive engagement. "We have seen the Australian Cricketers' Association (statement) and note they will be making a submission to the CA Board in the next 48 hours," a CA spokesman was quoted as saying by <em>Cricket.com.au</em> on Tuesday. "We look forward to engaging directly with the ACA in a positive and constructive manner in the best interests of the game."