Ramesh Powar named India Women interim coach
Ramesh Powar will replace Tushar Arothe, who had cited his differences with the seniors of the side as reason for his resignation.
Ramesh Powar Getty Images (file photo)
BCCI has appointed Ramesh Powar as interim coach of the India Women's cricket team. The decision came on the back of Tushar Arothe's resignation. Powar will be in charge of the camp that begins in Bengaluru from July 25. BCCI has already invited applications for the full-time coach's job with July 20 being the deadline to apply. "I am happy with the responsibility given and I will try my best to take them ahead," Powar told PTI. Arothe had cited his differences with the seniors of the side as reason for his resignation.
Powar had also applied for the job of head coach of Mumbai, but the post eventually went to Vinayak Samant. According to PTI, Powar was apparently first-choice, but an MCA managing committee resolution ruled the decision in Samanth's favour. Powar had toured Australia to train young spinners this February.
Powar, now 40, played 2 Tests and 31 ODIs for India with mixed success. His 148 First-Class matches fetched him 470 wickets.
According to the BCCI website, these are the criterion to be eligible for the post.
- Should have represented India at International level, OR
- NCA Level C certified coach or a similar certification from a reputed organisation/Institute, OR
- NCA Level B or a similar certification from a reputed organisation/Institute with a minimum of 50 FC games.
- Coaching experience of a national team or a first-class state team.
Knowledge & skills:
- A thorough understanding of the game or playing/coaching experience at the highest level
- Experience of leading a multicultural team
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively with others to achieve business and department objectives.
- Problem Solving: ability to present solutions make the best decision under pressure.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication in English language including report-writing skills.
- Time Management: Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking and the ability to work to deadlines.
Also ReadMore News ›
No live matches