Rai said that the associations have no basis to object and added that there are other associations willing to host the games.
Rai said that the associations have no basis to object and added that there are other associations willing to host the games.

Amid various state associations raising concerns over the the share of ‘complimentary passes’, for hosting the limited-over leg of the West Indies series, CoA chairman Vinod Rai has assured that the matches will be held as per the plan, as there are other state associations willing to host the games.

“We’ve no doubt about the policy. Whether or not any association is able to stage the games, the schedule won’t be disrupted. The matches will be held as per the plan,” Rai told Mumbai Mirror.

As per the new BCCI constitution, 90 percent of the tickets is reserved for the public, while the remaining 10 percent is availed to the state association for its usage. The same deadlock between BCCI and the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) had resulted in the shifting of the second ODI on October 24 from Indore to Vizag.

Cricket Association of Bengal chief Sourav Ganguly had also said that the CAB will not budge from their stance, even if that leads to the possibility of the first T20I between India and West Indies scheduled to be played at the Eden Gardens on November 4, being move out.

“We’ve back-up plans ready. Our professional team of Rahul Johri, Hemang Amin and Saba Karim are working towards this,” Rai further went on to say.

Despite the CoA releasing 604 extra complimentary tickets from BCCI’s share to the various state associations who are to host India-West Indies fixtures, the Mumbai Cricket Association may still ask for more tickets for hosting the fourth ODI.

However Rai said that the associations have no basis to object and added that there are other associations willing to host the games.

“These associations have given compliance to the new constitution and now how can raise objection to the policy that has been clearly outlined the new constitution. We have associations willing to host the games. The schedule won’t be disrupted,” he added.