Saeed Ajmal was suspended from international cricket on Tuesday © Getty Images
Saeed Ajmal was suspended from international cricket on Tuesday © Getty Images

Karachi: Sep 9, 2014

Suspended Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal on Tuesday said that he was ready to fight his way back and represent the country in next year’s ICC World Cup 2015. “It is disappointing to learn the result of the biomechanic test in Brisbane but I have not given up. I don’t see the ban as a major problem as I know I can work out on the flaws and make a comeback,” Ajmal said from Faisalabad.

Ajmal, who has been Pakistan’s leading bowler in the last three years with 178 wickets in 35 tests and 183 wickets in 111 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) said, he would soon meet PCB officials to decide on the next course of action.  “Obviously, I have to follow their advice but from what I know is that once we get the full medical report, we have a right of appeal and to challenge these findings,” he said.

Ajmal, who was reported by match officials after the first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle last month, has also been reported once before in 2009 but was cleared by the International Cricket Council (ICC) after bio-mechanic tests in Perth. But since June the ICC has initiated a crackdown on bowlers with action problems under its new protocol.

Ajmal said his dream to play in the World Cup is still not over. “I want to play in the World Cup and see my country doing well and I will do whatever it takes to be ready for the tournament. I am a fighter and I know what I have to do to get back into international cricket before the World Cup,” he added. He said he would also advice and expert opinion from former bowling greats to correct his action if required.

Complete coverage of Saeed Ajmal’s suspension here