Shashank Manohar
Shashank Manohar (AFP Photo)

International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman Shashank Manohar has said that the global body will share its security plans with the BCCI for the upcoming World Cup in England that starts from May 30.

Manohar said the security has always been ICC’s ‘top priority’. (ALSO READ: Make it a cricket apartheid for Pakistan- Rai)

“I have received the BCCI’s letter. Security has, and always will be, the top priority of the ICC. When the ICC (board members) meet in Dubai on March 2, we will show the BCCI all the security plans which have been put in place for the World Cup,” Manohar was quoted as saying by Times of India. “They can satisfy themselves over the arrangements for the World Cup. Every board is entitled to do that.”

His response comes in wake of BCCI expressing its concerns over the safety of the players alongside fans post the Pulwama terror attacks on Indian security forces earlier this month. (ALSO READ: Concerned over World Cup safety – BCCI)

“The BCCI wishes to address concerns and sentiments that have emerged after the recent dastardly terrorist attack which was carried out on Indian soil by a terror outfit based out of Pakistan which resulted in the death of 44 Indian security personnel. In view of the aforesaid terrorist attack, BCCI fears for the safety and security of players and match officials participating in upcoming ICC events including the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019,” BCCI said in a media release on Friday.

India and Pakistan are scheduled to meet on June 16 in Manchester at the World Cup but following the terror attacks, there have been demands for BCCI to call off their contest.