kohli-dhoni

After the 2nd ODI between India and West Indies was shifted from Indore to Vizag over Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association’s (MPCA) refusal to comply with the new ruling over distribution of complimentary passes, Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) has now decided to write a letter to the BCCI seeking relaxation to the rule for the 3rd India vs West Indies T20I to be held on November 11.

According to Rule 37(8) of the BCCI constitution, a state association can only reserve 10 per cent of its total number of tickets as complimentary passes while the remaining 90 per cent will have to be sold to the public.

In TNCA’s case, the MA Chidambaram stadium with the capacity of 24,000, the association will only get 2400 tickets as complimentary passes as per the new BCCI ruling and out which 50 per cent (1200) will be BCCI’s share for its sponsors, leaving TNCA with 1200 passes at their disposal.

Before the new rule TNCA could give out 5000-6000 passes to affiliated clubs, patrons, sponsors and government agencies.

“We will write to the BCCI explaining our point of view. Adhering to this new rule is difficult as there are practical difficulties involved,” a senior TNCA official told the Times of India.

Earlier, Sourav Ganguly, Cricket Association of Bengal president, has said that the state association will not compromise on the distribution of complimentary tickets of the first T20I between India and West Indies scheduled to be played at the Eden Gardens on November 4.